Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Thank you lord for my 3 little blessings





(Pictures of my three little blessing feeding Jack the cow and Maci with one of our dogs, Britney.)





Tonight was one of those nights that I hugged my children and felt the undeniable love of God within them. I first nursed Maci, and she was so tired she fell a sleep in my arms. She is not a snugly baby, she will hug you but immediately push away and look for her bed. But tonight she was so tired she just fell right into my arms, put her head on my shoulder, pull her sweet little legs up into a ball and fell a sleep while I was rocking her in my arms. I had not closed her curtains in her room so I could see the sun setting (which was beautiful)and I thanked God for such a blessing. To be able to hold my little girl in my arms and feel that pure love that you only feel with your children was as close as you can possibly get to God in my opinion.


I then proceeded to go up stairs to Braxton's room. Scott had put them to bed while I was feeding Maci. Braxton was really excited to see me walk in the room, and immediately said he had to tell me something. I asked him what? He said "Hershey Kisses" but in a 2 year old voice. That means, I love you had much as I love Hershey Kisses. He tells me he loves me "2 much" and I tell him that I love him as much as I love Hershey Kisses. He IS my little Hershey Kiss. Then he proceeded to tell me that he had Boogers... which is a thing that comes out of his and Sawyer's mouth at least 20 times a day. They inherited my snotty nose! I had to laugh at that and after I got the BOOGERS off his nose, I rubbed my fingers though his soft hair while he was giggling and kissing me. So sweet! He loves to put his legs around my waist and arms as tight as they can go around my neck and kiss me over and over! You can see why he is my little Hershey Kiss! Again, I closed my eyes and thank the lord for everything he has given me in my life. I sometimes question why he has given me so much, but I thank him countless times for what I do have!

Then I went to my oldest child's room. I love talking with him at night because he has so many questions and it is really interesting to see how their little wheels are turning in their mind. He started asking me what me and Scott and Granddaddy Joe did when we were little. He asked if Granddaddy Joe did Ta Kwon Do like him. I told him that he had to work on the farm with Granddaddy Swade when he was little. He then asked, "Where is Granddaddy Swade." I told him that he was in heaven. He then proceeded to tell me that he saw Granddaddy Swade at the (Christmas) parade riding in a car and that he was waving at Granddaddy Joe. (Kinda gave me chills, but I really think he was just being a 3 year old making up 3 year old stuff). He then said, that he didn't want to get old and go to heaven. I told him that heaven was a wonderful place and that a long time from now, we will all go to heaven as long as we live a good life and always have God in our hearts. We started talking about all the Great Grandparentshave that are in heaven now, and he proceeded to talk about how they (mine and Scott's grandparents) would always be in our hearts.
I said, "That is right son, they will always be in our hearts and protect us and love us."
He then proceeded to ask, "Well if they are in our hearts, will they eat all our food that we eat?" Interesting concept, but "No son, they will not eat our food."
"But mommy where does our food go then?"
Interesting how the conversation can turn in a heartbeat. "Well our food goes into our stomach after we eat Sawyer."
"Well, is God in our stomach?"
"Yes, God is in our stomach and our hearts, brains, nose, ears, and eyes. He made us from head to toe."
"But mommy if he is in our eyes, how do we see him?"
"Well Sawyer, we don't see him we feel him."
"Well, when you were little mommy, where was I if I lived in your stomach." Another turn!!!
Man is this conversation getting interesting!!! "Well, Sawyer when mommy was little she didn't know daddy and she played like you play now and it wasn't until mommy met daddy and fell in love and got married that she decided that she would have you."
"But, I lived in your stomach, so what did I do?"
"Well, mommy didn't know about you, but God did. Okay son, let me kiss you good night now and I will see you in the morning." I knew there would be more questions I really couldn't' answer good if I keep talking to him, and I know that the conversation would keep going on until the sun came back up if I let him. It is amazing how their little brain works!!!
I kissed him good night and again closed my eyes and thanked the lord for my 3 little blessings.

So I came downstairs and talked to Scott about our conversation and we just smiled at each other because we talk about how blessed we are in life at least once a week. We don't go to church like we should, but we do try to teach our children about God and to be good and to pray for all our blessings and for others.

How I would like to end this blog is I want everyone to know that reads this and even the ones that don't read this, that I am praying for you and I hope that your life is as blessed as mine. If not, I do hope that God can heal the hurt that you are feeling or makes things better for you in your life... because if you have faith, he can!

No comments: