I don't even know if I will be able to finish this blog.... or complete it the way I want to, but I just thought I would write down what a typical day with a 3 year old, 2 year old and a 6 month old is like.
6:45- Maci is up crying, ready to eat!
7:00- Nurse Maci, she is the sweetest little baby I could have ever asked for. She is smiling and trying to talk to me. (She said MaMa yesterday, by accident, but she still said it!)
Take her back in the bedroom with me to have a little Maci/Mommy time. I turn on Mickey Mouse and then Sawyer walks in my room. He is just as sweet as it comes, FOR NOW, hugging on Maci, talking with her, loving on her.... he really loves his little sister.
I ask Sawyer if he wants me to make him Mickey Mouse Pancakes with Chocolate Chips on it. He is very excited and can't wait to eat them!!! We walk to the kitchen and I hear Braxton crying, ready to get up.
This just throws Sawyer into a down right tandrem because I have to make a detour to get Braxton up INSTEAD of making his Mickey Mouse Pancakes RIGHT THEN!!!
I fuss at Sawyer, telling him that if he acts like that, I will not make them at all. I walk up the stairs to Braxton being such a sweet heart. He shows me his new boo-boo on his elbow and can't wait to show his brother. I bring him downstairs, and he runs over to Sawyer showing him his boo-boo, and Sawyer screams...."I DON'T WANT TO LOOK AT HIM, I DON'T WANT HIM NEAR ME." Poor Braxton, was just devastaed. I told Sawyer to go upstairs if he was going to act like that, that noone wants to be around a moody little boy.
Finially, he turned his mood around and started playing with Maci and Braxton. I get the pancakes mix out, with little kids are swarming around my ankles, I send the puppy dogs (aka kids) in the living room so I can cook, and start my creation. As the pancakes were cooking, Sawyer yells, "Maci is going up the steps." Yep, 6 months old and already climbing the steps. I run and get her off the steps, and put her around the toys. Flip the pancakes, put the chocolate chips on..... by this time, Sawyer is in his chair whinning that he is hungry. "Son I am going as fast as I can."
Braxton is entertaining Maci, Sawyer is whinning that he wants his pancakes. I finially got his pancake ready, and go back to the skillet to cook some more. As soon as I get back to cooking, Sawyer is whinning that he is thirsty. "Son, I will get to it as soon as I can." Braxton is now heading to the table now. " I stinkied mommy." I go change a Really stinky diaper, while I was about to throw up literally, WHILE multi tasking by trying to keep Maci from crawling over to the dipaer and putting her hands and mouth all in Braxton's stinky.
I then get Braxton's pancake ready, and fix their milk in between flipping pancakes. Sawyer starts whinning that his hands are sticky. "Lick them" I said. He keeps whinning... so I get a wet cloth, wipe his hands down, just so he can stick them right back into the sticky syrup. Braxton gets up in his chair, Sawyer is done now. One up, one down... and mommy on the move. I get Braxton bib on, wipe Sawyer's hands off and I sit down to eat. Braxton starts screaming that his hands are sticky. So back over to Braxton seat to wipe his hands off. Maci starts screaming. I go over to see what she is doing, she is hanging on to dear life underneath our table because she couldn't get traction on her feet to stand up on our hard wood and if she lets go she will fall flat on her poor little head. Good thing she is strong though!!! Braxton starts whinning that he is done now. I clean him off, put his down.... clean up their dishes, and sit down to eat... maybe? Pancakes are cold now, but I still attempt to eat them. Sawyer screams to me that Maci is crawling up the stairs again. "Seriously?" I think.
Get Maci off the steps again, and put her in her high chair so I can eat! Sit down to eat again, the boys start fighting... "Just ignore it Jodi, let thme duke it out." I think. They keep fighting, so I get up again and turn on "Life" off the dicovery channel to distract them. I sit down to eat, Maci is whinning because she wants down, and a commerical comes on the TV. ( My kids do not know what commericals are because everything is DVR'ed). Sawyer starts yelling, "Cord it mommy, cord it mommy." What Sawyer? "Cord it mommy,I want to see the monkey's again." Ohhhh, Fast Forward it. Oh the language barriers us mothers have to endure.
So that entertained them long enough for me to eat. I start cleaning the kitchen up, Sawyer runs over to me with stinky on his hand saying he stinkied in his pants. "Really Sawyer, you are getting ready to turn 4 in June???" I clean his hands, his pants and sit him on the potty. I then clean his butt after he is done and go back to the kitchen. Maci is getting sleepy, so I put her down, and try and teach the boys some letters and shapes. (I have a friend Cameron who is homeschooling her children and I thought I would try to at least teach my children the alphabet if she can homeschool hers.) I get the letter book out of Braxton, we go to the letter "D" before he was so distracted by the pictures on the book that he had NO interest in the letters anymore. Sawyer started screaming because he didn't want to trace his letters with the "green" marker he wanted the "red' one that Braxton had. I gave him another "red" one, but he threw a complete tandrem, kicking his feet hands, screaming.... just because he wanted the one that Braxton had. I pick him up, very calmly and said I was taking him to his room to sit until he could decide wheather he wanted to act "almost" 4. He calmed down immediatly, and said he would use the purple marker. By this time Braxton was throwing a fit and ready to get down. Really, how does Cameron do it??? I am so not cut out to be a teacher.
It is now almost 11:00 and I have broken up countless fights between the two little boys, Sawyer has been up to his room for hitting Braxton in the face with a truck and thinking "I am sorry" will somehow cancel out the fact that he hit him on purpose, Braxton has sit in time out for throwing cards all over the place from a game that Sawyer and I were playing, and Maci is now awake ready for some more mommy milk. Now, let's get some more laundry done, shower sometime?, and go to Ta Kwon Do, and go coach a bunch of 3 year olds in soccer. Sounds lovely huh?
No comments:
Post a Comment