
I am mother, but lately I have started thinking, "Really what am I? "
This is what I am thinking my job role is:
1. Waitress: Thank the lord I did this job in college so I was prepared after having children. BUT the difference is, I have 1 table of 3 kids now vs. 10 tables in college. HOWEVER, it is much harder with the 1 table then it is with 10 because you have to serve, cook, and clean. Plus you have to find time to eat in between the serving. So here is a scenario: As I am fixing them something to eat, they run over to ask if it is ready. NOPE, give me a minute I say. Instead of continuing to play or watch TV, they jump up in their chairs. And then, they chant, "is it ready" "is it ready" "is it ready?". When I finally start to p
ut the plates in front of them, they immediately ask if they can say their blessing (we don't eat unless the blessing has been said). But the problem with this, is that I can't even get the plates to all the kids and get Maci buckled in her seat before they are trying to say the blessing. The the fighting begins: Braxton wants to say God is Great blessing and Sawyer wants to say his ABC blessing. So they start yelling one over the other to see who can be the loudest, meanwhile Maci is sneaking in some bites of her food. After the yelling/fighting blessing is done, they start to chow down. THEN, they are saying, "where is my drink" "Where is my drink?". I tell them to chill out, I am trying my best, I am not octopus mommy with 8 hands, I am fixing their drink right now. If you would have waited until mommy would have finished getting everything ready then we would not have had this problem.
Once I get their drinks, I sit down to eat my food. By that time, one of them wants more drink, one of them wants dip, one of them is done, one of them wants more fruit, one of them accidentally spills their milk, Maci is ready to get out of her seat, CRAZINESS. I look down and I have not even eaten one bite of my meal.
So basically, I am sweating more and stressing more on waiting on my one table of 3 then 10 tables I had in college.
AND I still have to clean up behind the little boogers! So much for eating!
2. A servant: I clean up toys in one room and the other room is already destroyed. I clean up that room and the deck is a mess. I do more laundry in a day then a woman should do in a lifetime! I sweep our floor at least 15 times a day and it is still a dirty mess. I pick up clothes off the floor, I put up laundry, I fold clothes, I pick up the pillows of the ground and put them back on the couch, I pick up the blankets that have been strowed all over the house, I vacuum the rugs (once in a while), I get them snacks, pick up the crumbs they made from the snacks, I clean up the milk they have spilled on the floor, I pick up Maci's shoes that she takes all over the house, I clean up the drawer of clothes that Maci has thrown all over the floor, I change diapers, I wipe butts, do you get the point?? I am a servant!
3. A Cook: Well, I might be exaggeratting on this one a little bit, but I do try my best!
4. A Playmate: When we are outside, here is what I hear. Mommy, will you play with me under the house? Mommy swing me! Mommy push me on this tricycle. Mommy let's play with chalk! Mommy let's blow bubbles. All this is fine, but when all 3 of them are asking for something different at the same time, it gets kinda difficult! Then when you choose one of them over the other, jealousy plays into effect!
And then on top of all this, I try to walk everyday so I don't get enormous, I am answering the phone from customers from my work on my days off, I am working on a spreadsheet for a meeting for work, I am trying to edit pictures for the people I do photography for (which I LOVE by the way), I go to the grocery store, and somewhere in the mist of all this mess, I do find time to use the potty! :-)
So basically, I am a mother, but a mother's definition is not just to love your children unconditionally and teach them right from wrong... it is to be there servant, playmate, waitress, and cook!
And then there is the WIFE thing you have to think about in all of this too! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment