So today I had an angry moment at the park. Let me back up first, because I have to give the whole story, my thoughts and all.
It has been so beautiful lately that I decided to take my kids to see Grandma Batten in the nursing home, and then if they were good, we would go to McDonald's, have a picnic in the park, and they could play for most of the afternoon so they could play with other kids and we could be outside. So the first part was fine, they did good at the nursing home, so I stopped by McDonalds and got them 3 happy meals, for three happy kids!
Then off to the park we went. They ate well, then Sawyer was off to play. I found one GOOD thing for him having the loudest voice in the universe, I could hear him clearly across the entire playground! There was a kid there that was a little obnoxious and in my head I was thinking, his mama needs to straighten him out. He was not very nice to the little girl he was playing with, he yelled that Maci was to small to be on the play ground, and just had a rotten attitude. I did tell him that Maci was not to small, and he shut up and went on to his next victim that didn't have a mother to stand up for their child. BUT, anyway, that was my thoughts because I just thought he needed a good stern talking too from his mother or even a spanking wouldn't hurt.
So anyway, that was my thoughts on that little boy. Then the tides changed. Sawyer kept wanting to play with other kids toys. I kept telling him NO that there were plenty of things for him to do besides go play with some little kids toys, and he kept on and on and on and on and ON, until I put him in time out at the playground. That will teach him I thought! He sat over there pouting for 3 minutes or so, until I finally told him that if he could behave and quit asking about other peoples toys (and by the way, these were people I knew and they showed NO INTEREST at all in him playing with their toys because they were baby toys). The first thing he did was come right back and ask me WHY he couldn't play with those toys (as I was talking with another mother and he was interrupting me). I told him to please quit interrupting and that he needed to go play with the other kids. It did not stop there, he kept on and on and on and on, until the other mom just left, and I put him in time out AGAIN!
So then, a cute little boy just came up to him and wanted to play. Good, I was thinking, he is always good with other kids and make friends easy. Oh not today.... the next time I looked up, he was throwing dirt in this little boys face and laughing! The little boy ran away and I WAS soooo mad, that I grabbed him by the arm, made him go apologize and told him that if I saw him throw dirt at ANYONE else we would pack up and go home and he could stay in his room for the rest of the day.
Everything was fine for.... say 15 minutes OR so I thought. Maci was getting tired, so we started to pack up and go home. I then met a couple of moms that were really nice and started talking to them for a few minutes, then I looked up and saw Sawyer throwing MULCH at about 5 kids on the playground. Not only was he throwing mulch, but he was laughing and there were about 3 other parents over there looking DISGUSTED at my child! I was THAT parent with THAT kid that I was "thinking" needed a good lesson in being a good stand up kid.
I made him apologize to one of the kids (that just so happen to be one of the kids of the mother I was talking to) and I apologized to all the parents around there. I WAS SO EMBARRASSED! He had to call his daddy and tell him what he did and he got punished when he got home AND when daddy comes home, he will be punished again!!! MY KID... the terror kid! I was a good kid when I was little, why am I getting punished for SCOTT's childhood? :-)
BUT, I always end with a positive note because I hate being so negative. In fact I think negativity is one of my biggest pet peeves, so here we go. SAWYER may be hard to parent, but the kid is one of a kind. He LOVES Jesus so much, he prays for other people without being asked, he is a great big brother (when he wants to be), he is very very smart, has a memory of an elephant, ask more questions then anyone I have ever been around, and he is super sweet and has a GREAT big ole heart on that little body of his. He usually has a very outgoing personality and gets a long great with other kids. He is a super athletic little thing and if he puts his mind to it could be the best out there. Sawyer is a GREAT son.... when he does not throw dirt at other little kids on the playground!
No comments:
Post a Comment