Monday, September 14, 2009

What a day!

Sometimes I feel as though all I do is vent on here, but I feel like this is my outlet to get some things off my chest. I promise I am very happy, but just very pregnant with hormones going crazy right now!!!

So first of all, another sleepless night. The PUPPP is gone, so that is a good note... but no sleep, not because of being uncomfortable from being HUGE, or getting up to pee 20 times a night. I don't sleep because all I do is contract all night long. I have been contracting most nights for about 2 or 3 weeks now, but they are only getting stronger and more uncomfortable. I have never heard of anyone that contracts the way I do. My body is weird I guess. But, last night I had contractions that I couldn't even walk or talk through for 5 hours every 5-10 minutes. When I finally got up from the rocking chair to go take another shower because I thought that I might feel better if I did have a fresh shower right before we had to go to the hospital. They subsided some and didn't hurt like they had for 5 previous hours. So, now I was back to regular 5-10 minute contractions that were uncomfortable all night, but not hard enough that I thought I was in labor.

So then at 6:45 this morning I hear Sawyer whining. I go up there, and he has to pee. I then proceeded to tell him that he HAS to go back to sleep. Thankfully he did or at least laid in his bed quietly, and I was able to get 45 minutes of DEEP sleep before I woke up to Braxton crying. So here I am again, with at the most 2 hours of sleep all night, make that 4 hours of sleep in the last 24 hours. I know, I guess I should get used to it cause when this baby comes, NO more sleep.

As I went upstairs to get the boys, they started going NUTS on me. One running in the hall, one wanting to pee in the potty, while the other one wanted to brush his teeth right then, one not helping put on his clothes, while the other one crying for SOCKS in the other room. It was hectic. I am sure it was more hectic then regular since I have not had any sleep and things just effect me differently at this point. My body is hurting all over, from contracting all the time, my back is killing me, and my kids are not making it any easier.

So I finally get them downstairs and they immediately start fighting over an Excavator toy. All the toys we have and they both want the same toy every day. Then as soon as the fight was over, Braxton starts screaming he wants to "EAT, EAT" and he wants his "JUICE, JUICE"... over and over and over and over, while hanging on my leg while I am trying to get all this ready. Sawyer then runs over and starts whining about his finger and leg hurts from his boo boo's. "MOMMMYYYYYY, hurts, kiss it, MOMMMMYYYYYY my boo boo hurts."

I told them to go sit at the table so I can just get their milk ready. I couldn't even move because they are wrapped around my legs. I decided that this morning I was not in the mood to cook anything so I just got out their muffins. I opened Braxton's up, and Sawyer started crying because he didn't have his open yet. Man, I need 20 arms!!!! I opened Sawyer's up and he automatically starts aggravating Braxton, reaching over to his muffins and saying he was going to eat all Braxton's muffins too. Braxton starts screaming again, saying "MINE, Mine, Mine"!!! Where are my ear plugs?????

Scott then walks in and I said, "Show daddy how you act for me!"
Scott looks at them, and with his deep voice says,"HUSH, and be good."

Silence! Are you freaking kidding me. I am going to get a tape recorder of his voice.

So for the rest of breakfast it was good. The kept telling each other to be quiet, "Shhhh, daddy's on the phone." (And I was thinking, well when I get on the phone you scream louder! What is up with that?) We started singing the weekdays song and started talking about alligators. Interesting stuff for a 31 year old.

Then I got this crazy idea that I wanted to clean out there overflowing toy box, WHILE THEY WERE STILL UP! So part of this was my fault, I guess. I was unloading and they were gathering and scattering toys EVERYWHERE. I told them to go on the porch and play. But, no if mama is not right beside them then they do not want to go. Sawyer starts fighting with Braxton again, the sceaming begins again,and by the way it is only 8:30 or so at this point. In the middle of all of this, my door bell rings. I go outside, only to hear BLOODY MURDER SCREAMING on the back porch, to a sweet little old man saying he was here to pick up something. He asked if this was my address, and I said, "YES", I mean "NO", I think that is my mom's address. I don't even know my on address and what is he here to pick up????? He said, "Are you Jodi Lowe?" Of course I am, at least I do know my on name thank the lord. (By the way the screaming has not subsided.) But what is here to pick up??? "ooooohhhh, my samples that I was returning before I go out on maternity leave." Crap, I hadn't printed off any of the stuff I needed NOR had I any tape to tape my boxes together. I asked him if he could wait for a second, I blamed my pregnancy on my scatter brain, and I proceeded to go in and break up the fight between the boys again, print off my labels, search unsuccessfully for some tape, and go back outside to tell him I had no tape. I think he felt sorry for me and he said he would tape them up for me, and not to worry. What a sweet man! A bright spot in my morning!

Then back to cleaning. I felt guilty after I finally finished cleaning out the toy box, so I went to play with the boys a little bit. I then fed them a snack, cleaned everything up, and proceeded to sit down with my yogurt to snack on. Before I even could sit down, MY LITTLE BEGGERS, said mommy share your snack with me. I just fed them the same thing I was eating and now they wanted mine just because it was MINE! I said NO! What I mean mommy I am. They then both proceeded to climb on me like I was a jungle gym and I couldn't even eat because I was trying to keep them away from my snack. They were jumping on my belly, hanging on my leg, wrapped around my neck. It would have been much easier to just have given them a bite I reckon, but I was hungry.

I turned on Mickey Mouse and said after this, NAPS! I needed a nap too, so we were going to adjust nap time a little bit today. At 10:45 I laid them down, I went downstairs and got maybe another 15 minutes of sleep, when I heard Braxton screaming. Sawyer scurrying around in his room, opening and shutting the doors to the hall way. What was going on! All I wanted was a little nap to feel better. So up the stairs I went. I opened Braxton's door... and what did I see???? A naked baby. He had taken off all his clothes, diaper and all and kept saying "PEE PEE". He had peed all over his crib and bumber. At least it was doo doo at kept thinking. So nap time didn't work for any of us. I cleaned everything up, went downstairs and proceeded to wash MORE clothes and sheets and bumbers!!! the boys were running around my legs in the laundry room, I couldn't even bend down to get the detergent because I didn't have room. I finally got them out of the way enough to get the detergent out and Sawyer ran behind me and I bumped into him and his head hit the wall. He screamed, Mommy hit me, Mommy hit me. "Tell me you are sorry mommy." My gosh, all I was trying to do was wash some clothes!!!! Why are ya'll in here anyway, am I your magnet?

As soon as we walked back into the kitchen, the EAT EAT, JUICE, JUICE thing began again. I said, get your shoes on we are getting out of this house and getting some food. I got them in the car, put a movie on, and went to Chick-fil-a. I wasn't even going to temp getting them out of their car seats because at least they are strapped in there. I went through the drive through, got them situated with their food and we ate in semi-silence. Then at the end of the meal, Sawyer throws his ranch down on the ground, here we go again, I have to maneuver my way around to clean that up and it is all over my carpet. Braxton throws his fries on the ground because he is through eating as well. I really am trying to be a good mommy and keep my temper under control.

I wanted to get something at Target, couldn't find it, but bought them a movie instead and told them that they could watch it if they were good. Well, after I bought it, I felt this huge urge to pee. I knew I couldn't make it home, so off to the bathroom we went. Sawyer then had to pee as well, so after he peed, I sat down to do my thing. He and Braxton then started to swing on the handicap poles, pull toilet paper off the roll and BRAXTON opened the bathroom door wide open for everyone to see as I was sitting there!!!! I had sat down to pee and found out that I had diarrhea that decided to pop up on me too. (Maybe a sign of labor, but such at a bad time!) I tried to think of anything to distract them. I started singing the days of the week, and counting numbers... I heard giggling outside of the stalls. I had to fuss at Braxton for putting his mouth on the wall, to not open the door again, and Sawyer was turning flips on the ground and all I could think about was GERMS!!!! I tried hurrying as fast as I could to get out of there! Got their hands washed up, not dried completely though, which was a bad thing because as I was holding their hands to walk outside they slipped right out of my hands and started running out the door. I ran out behind them, grabbed Braxton by his overalls, he fell back on his butt, I grapped Sawyer firmly on his arm and whipped him around....lord only knows what the security tape looks like. Sawyer asked me "WHY" he could run out without me. I firmly told him that if he wanted to go home with a stranger then he best hold my hand. He then proceeds to yell that he doesn't want to go home with a stranger. A young mother walks by me and says, "my gosh you have your hands full, I sure hope that you are having a girl!" We will see, I say.

Then in the car, and back to the house for REAL naps this time. I put Braxton in some more clothes that are harder to take off, Sawyer I warned him that if he got out of bed he would not watch his movie tonight, and I was off to blog.

PS Since I have been blogging, I have had to go upstairs and get Sawyer back in bed because he was running around upstairs doing whatever he does instead of sleep. I have already told him, NO MOVIE tonight, dealt with the screaming, and crying of him not being able to watch his movie and NOW I am going to go and prop my feet up for a second and maybe doze off!

4 comments:

Angela Standley said...

Oh, Jodi...your boys sound a whole lot like mine! I feel your pain!
Angela

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Girl, just reading this made me tired. I have been keeping up with you through Brandy. Can't wait to meet your new little one!!! Hope to see you soon and hang in there!!!

Kristi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.