Thursday, September 3, 2009

PUPPP relief...anyone have answers????

Puppp= the most itchy rash you can imagine during pregnancy!!!


If anyone of you have had this, I am so sorry that you did, and if you didn't.... GOD BLESS YOU! I had never heard of PUPPP until about a little over 2 weeks ago. I did not get it with my first two pregnancies, or I would have second guessed getting pregnant again! It is miserable. What is it you ask??? Well, it is a rash that happens to about 1 in 150 to 200 pregnacies,usually the first go round. I just happened to get it the 3rd pregnancy. It usually starts on your stomach and then it can make it's way to your arms, chest, neck, legs! Mine, started on my stomach, and now it is on my ankles, fingers, arms, legs, stomach, chest, neck, and even in my hair!!! It itches so bad that you want to dig in your skin. Especially at night. In fact, I have only gotten around 1 to 2 hours of sleep the past two nights. Miserable! This morning at 6 am I asked Scott if he could take the boys to daycare so I could take 2 Benedryl and get some sleep. Thankfully my wonderful husband said yes and I slept from 7-11:15. Wonderful, I feel like a different person.


Anyway, the reason why I am posting this, is IF any of you that read this know of any relief that I could possibly find out there I would appreciate it.

Here is what I have used:

Doctor prescribed me Topical Steriod, taking Zyrtec, ask well as Benedryl at night. She told me to take Benedryl all during the day too, but I just can't function doing that with 2 kids too. I also looked up on line some relief symtoms, and here is what I am doing as well. Taking a cool bath in Aveeno Oatmeal, using Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap, and Glycerin Soap as well. I also use cool bathclothes at night on the patches so that it will releif the itching some too.

Anyway, if any of you have heard of anything else that will provide relief, I am begging you to call me or post something. I am willing to try ANYTHING that is safe for the baby!!!!!

PS. It is suppose to go away after delievery, but sometimes it can stay for weeks afterwards. So any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

4 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

Jodi, I am so sorry. I didn't have the rash, but a guy was telling Joseph something to try for poison ivy. Might help? Zanfel (over the counter) in hydrocortisone section at CVS. Rubs on gritty and scrub off. Maybe worth a try???

Michelle Oliver said...

I remember one of my college friends talking about this. She was miserable. Same as you she tried everything. I think they finally induced her labor because she was in bad shape. Maybe call your doctor crying. Tears usually work for something. Could you put bandaids over the worse places so your clothes won't rub them? I'll be praying for you.

Jayneeva said...

I just got this myself. It started with and itchy belly two weeks ago and then I started to notice what looked like red mosquito bites in my stretch marks. I looked it up and it seemed like the start of puppps. I went to the doctor and she gave me a 1% cream and we determined it wasnt puppps since it was only on my stomach. Well the day after I started getting bumps on my arms (they look like tiny little bites, not so red though). Every day since I get a few more spreading on my arms and the red bumps on my stomach are gathering. Hasnt spread anywhere else yet. Did some research and people say dendalion root pills work for some. Other than that, we need to just wait for delivery of the baby. What order did yours spread in? Meaning did you just wake up one morning and it was everywhere? I am trying to guage how bad mine will get. I started 37 weeks today.

NikiGrits said...

I don't know if its too late to help, but I got PUPPS at 10 weeks pregnant with my 2nd child. I tired EVERYTHING and it didnt work. One night my hands were really dry and I was out of lotion so I used my sons diaper rash cream (zinc oxide %40 CVS brand) my hands stung at first because they skin was so irritated from all the scratching I had been doing over the past 2 months, but my hands stopped itching. They didnt itch all night. So the next morning I slathered myself head to toe with it and it worked. I have been doing this for a week now and its getting better. Hope this helps good luck.