Monday, June 22, 2009

Sleeping with the moo cows....



As innocent as this child looks, (Sawyer), he can be a HAND full at times. And one of those specific times is NAP and BED time. We put him in his big boy bed about a month ago. I let him pick out the bedspread, he wanted a baseball bedspread, thinking that this would make him excited about going to bed! BUT, I dread Naps and Bed time every night because he is so hard to handle.

For example, when it is Bedtime, Braxton climbs right up the steps like he is so ready to go to sleep and I lay him right down. He puts his little butt up in the air and falls right asleep. Sawyer, on the other hand, I am dragging up the steps while he is limp and kicking and crying. It really sucks because it also hurts me now that I am 6 or 7 months pregnant to drag a 34 pound 3 year old up the steps struggling with every step you take. I even started throwing tandrums like him, rolling around, screaming, and kicking.... and he starts cracking up laughing at me. I tell him that is how he looks doing that, and he just laughs... but as soon as I pick him up to put him in his bed.... it starts up again. All that "showing" him how crazy he looks, just made me look crazy!!!

Mama, kept them the other night... their beloved Jo-Jo, and she said she would see if he did the same thing with her. NOPE. Went right to bed without a fight! But for Scott and I, a fight everynight!

So the other night we took him for a golfcart ride and told him that if he did not go to bed nice then we were going to leave him out there with the moo cows for the night and he could stay there and let the mama cows take care of him. WORKED like a charm... that night! But, tonight, as I am sitting here writing this blog, I hear him up there calling for me crying! Who said it was the terrible twos.... I am a fan on the terrible 3's!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lisa Hardee said...

Funny! I am approaching 3 very soon, so please tell me it gets better, not worse! We miss you guys. Come home soon!