Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Outer Banks



I am so behind on my blogging because I have been gone so much over the past two weeks, but here is a brief update. Scott and I, and some friends of our Carlos and Stephanie went to the OBX two weekends ago. It was so nice to have a break from the kids. Don't get me wrong, I looooove my kids and I love being with them, but every mother needs a break every now and then. We just decided to wing it, and just play it by ear on what we were going to do. Well, we ended up staying Ocrakoke (the island that is at the bottom of the outer banks on Friday night), and by the end of the weekend we were in Corolla, the upper Northern tip of the outer banks! We explored the entire OBX in one weekend.

As you can see, we saw all 4 lighthouses that grace the OBX. Scott and Carlos climbed one of them and got some awesome pictures of Corolla. It was an interesting trip and we had a great time with Carlos and Stephanie. They might not say the same thing after being stuck in the car with us for 2 days straight, but I can say Scott and I had a great time!



It was also nice because Scott and I got to spend some time together without kids screaming at us all the time! So, it was also really good for our marriage as well as for our sanity!!! Here are some really good pictures that Stephanie took! (below)

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lisa Hardee said...

I am glad you two got to enjoy some alone time. Sweet pictures on the beach!

Unknown said...

I will collect my fees when you receive your portrait!