Thursday, December 4, 2008

My little STINK!


My little stink!

I have been calling him that since he was born. Don't know why, but it has just stuck. Sawyer even called him that tonight! Maybe it will not stick, but if it does, he can hate me for it later... because it just fit him perfect now!

Well my little Stink, has always been my cry baby. As you know from my past post, I said that I thought colic was suppose to go away at 3 months! Well his lastest until 2 weeks ago! AND guess what??? We found out what was wrong with the little booger. MILK! Yep, that is right, MILK.





Let's back up a little bit. Braxton had a milk and soy intolerence when he was born. WE found out 3 months too late. I was breastfeeding, drinking milk, eating hersey kisses, eating cheese like crazy. 3 months later, after we had him on all the reflux medicine there was on the market, after grey hairs started growing out of my cheeks (seriously) from him screaming 24/7 round the clock.. while chasing a 17 month old around too keep in mind... the doctor said, cut out milk! Welp, I did... and two weeks later he was a great baby! That was until I went out for Japanese... told them to hold anything with milk in it out of my meal... and then "little stink" starts crying again after I breastfeed him. Come to find out... an intolerence to SOY as well!

Well when you are breastfeeding and you have to cut out all Soy and Milk products... that leaves Pretzels and Chicken Nuggets. So I sadly stopped breastfeeding at 4 or 4 1/2 months and started feeding him the GOLD FORMULA. Ran my pockets dry!

The doctor said, that the usually outgrow it by 9 months and I should try regular formula that is milk-based. I guess I didn't see an immediate change in him crying when I switch over formula's and just took him for a fussy baby. BUT when I put him on regular milk, I thought I was going through the first 3 months all over again. He cried and cried and cried... we went to the doctor thinking it was ear infections, thinking he was teething, thinking something was wrong to make him cry so much... but most of the time, there was nothing they could find wrong with the litte stink.

Then Scott was home one day, and he said, "does he cry like this all the time?" I said, "Yes he does. He just is spoiled, he just wants to be held." Scott said, "No Jodi, Something is wrong with him. That is not normal and he acts like he is in pain."

Like I have blogged in the past, he cries as soon as he gets up... screaming fits... to the time he goes down. And I didn't even pick up on it. My husband did! I felt like a bad mother for not reconizing what it was. MILK! A simple explaination... could have solved my little boys and MY problem months ago.





But now, LITTLE STINK, is such a good little boy... He is smiling, playing, laughing, and he dances everytime he hears music. He has got great rhythm too! In fact, he must remember me listening to Britney Spears all the time when I was pregnant with him because he LOVES her music! We went into a store with music on at the mall and he just started bopping his head back and forth and swaying! I loved it!!!

I just feel so bad that he hurt this long and I didn't do anything about it. So sad for my little stink! But now he can enjoy life and enjoy Britney Spears!!! Dance away little stink, dance away!



***UPDATE: Braxton has been really sick this week and he will not be having tubes put in his ears this Thursday. He is suppose to put them in next Thursday. So I pray to get him and keep him well until then!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Angela Standley said...

Oh, the guilt of being a mother...at least you know now and can fix it. I am glad you have your sweet little boy back!
Angela

Michelle Oliver said...

So sorry about little Braxton. Cole has a lot of food allergies. He would just throw up at random times. Its so frustrating because the doctors are sometimes no help!They make us feel like we are crazy. Glad you got to the bottom of this and can enjoy your beautiful baby!

Lisa Hardee said...

I'm glad you find out what was wrong. We were right! Maybe that is what's wrong with Parker Pooh too. That is the most adorable picture with him in his sweater vest. Joseph and I both love it!