I got a couple email's this week about sending cards to the troops overseas. One in particular I was able to do tonight.
www.LetsSayThanks.com
I went to the website and started looking at all the cards. At first, I just was looking at how cute they were and which one the soldiers would like to get. Then I looked at the names of the little kids that had drawn them... a lot of them were in NC, so I made sure to send those cards. There are three steps to the process,
1. Choose a card
2. Put your name and city/state
3. Choose a message or write a message
That is it! So I sent quite a few cards with the generic message that they give you. But then I started thinking... These guys have served our country for YEARS over there. They deserve more then the generic message that was created for me. I can really put my heart into it and send one from our family that really means something. Not that I will ever meet this American Solider, but I hope he/she knows that what I put in that card is from the heart of our family. I can only hope that he/she will get this and realize that they are cared about and appreciated more then they can imagine. I am a wife, daughter and granddaughter of American Soldiers and fortunately i was not with my husband when he was serving, because I don't think my nerves could handle it, and I was not existing when my father and grandfather's went to war... but if it was not for these brave men, sacrificing their lives for us, my family, my kids, our freedom... we would not live in society like we do. Thank you Scott, Daddy, Granddaddy Batten, and my late Granddaddy Swade for serving our country proud! Thank you to all the American Soldiers who are over there risking your life for us! I will be praying for you every single night to come home safely to your families like my family was able to do!
No comments:
Post a Comment