Mama asked the boys to ride on the float with her for her company for the Clayton Christmas Parade. (Mama was unable to make it because she had to go visit Grandaddy in the hospital, so Lisa and I went on it for her) Dalton was so funny! It made me remember how exciting it was to be a kid again. Even though I wasn't the most excited about riding in the parade, Dalton made me remember how excited I used to be when I was little! He couldn't wait to see all the kids that went to school with him (and all the pretty little girls!) He was actually a little nervous too! Sawyer actually did really well considering his age... he missed a nap... and that he doesn't like to sit for long. He waved to people and yelled "Errry Christmas" to some people. At the end, he got a little restless... so I held on to his coat (tight) and he danced to the Shrine Club music that was playing behind us. That gave a few people out on the street a little chuckle.
Now, the one thing that Sawyer did not like... was SANTA CLAUS and the Shrine Club guys dressed up as the BIG BAD WOLF, PORKY PIG, AND DOGS. He screamed ... or should I say Squeeled like a pig and his legs were wrapped around me so tight I couldn't help but laugh!!! Dalton and Lisa were laughing too! Finally the man took his hat off to show him that he was a real person dressed up, and for 1 second he was fine, until he saw the BIG BAD WOLF dancing behind him.... and the squealling began again! Funny. I wish I had my video camera!
I wished mama was on there with us, but Lisa and I had fun... and we were glad to only have 1 kid a piece! Parker and Braxton might have thrown us over the edge... literally!!! Thanks Triangle Insurance and all the girls that work up there that tolerated us, and EARL and JIM for letting our boys ride on the float. They had a blast!!!
* Pictures taken by Kathy Price*

No comments:
Post a Comment