Scott and I were watching The Notebook last night. I am sure everyone knows what a great book and movie that is. I cry every time I watch it. Well at least tear up. Scott even likes the movie even though it is a chick flick. But this time, things were different while we were watching it. Sawyer and Braxton were also up and they were "watching" it with us. Here is how things were different....
1. We could not hear half the words because of the chattering in the back ground.
2. The volume was turned up as loud as it would be in the movie theater because again, the kids were so loud.
3. While trying to eat dinner in living room, we had kids climbing on us because they wanted "our" food too. Just like a puppy!
4. We were not able to relax because one of them would hit the other, or take a toy away, and we would have to get up and be the middle man!
5. Sawyer kept asking if he could watch Micky Mouse instead of the Pretty lady on TV.
6. Instead of getting up to use the bathroom, we had to get up to change stinky diapers!
And so on and so on......
But anyway, as the movie was playing, I was telling Scott how much he reminded me of Noah. Yes, he is so sweet like him, and good looking like him... but more so because he really puts all his heart and soul into whatever he puts his mind too. But he is so grounded at the same time. Some of the comments that Noah makes is something that Scott would say! Most of the things Noah does, like remodeling that house, or fixing something in the shop, or going on boat rides, is so much like him. Plus, I know how much Noah loves that girl, Scott loves me that much too!
As I was telling him all this, there was a new chapter put into the NOTEBOOK at the Lowe household
Last chapter: When You Have Children
While you are telling your husband all the great things he has done for your family and he reminds you of the sweetest man on the sweetest movie.... Your 2 year old that is sitting in your lap looks at you with a booger on his finger, and says,"Mommy, I am going to eat this booger."
The best chapter of the book!!!!!!
1 comment:
Nice ending to such a beautiful story! (Funny!) That is one of my favorite movies/books and I love that Noah!!!! The love they have for one another is so sweet!
Post a Comment