Monday, October 6, 2008

Just like me....

Well, I have tried and tried to get my boys to NOT eat like me. (for those who do not know, I am sooo picky) It has been really hard for me to eat like I do, because no matter where we go, I have a hard time finding something I like to eat. My husband has to suffer because I only cook the foods that I like and he doesn't get to eat the "GOOD FOOD" he has been used to his whole life. People have always made fun of me for not liking things.... SAYING THINGS LIKE, "You are missing out on this", or "You are crazy for not liking this" Or "We can't go to this restaurant because Jodi doesn't like the food there"... or lots of things like this.

So my goal is to try my best to get my boys to eat more of a variety then me. I thought I had done a good job... UNTIL, Sawyer has started showing signs of... dun, dun, dun...his picky mama. Yesterday morning, Scott fixed us muffins. Blueberry muffins, and they were so good. Sawyer loooooves muffins and blueberries.... but because they look different then the muffins he is used to eating, he refused to eat them. Scott and I tried and tried to get him to eat them telling him that they were muffins like he normally eats and they had little blueberries in it, his favorite fruit. BUT, all that came out of his mouth, was NO, NO muffins.

Scott kept saying, he is all you Jodi. Just like your mama! Well, as I stated above, I don't want him to be like me... at least at the eating part. So I pinched off a piece of muffin... and I said, Sawyer just try one bite and then you can get down and play. He finally opened his mouth after 10 minutes of convincing, and I started to place the small piece of muffin in his mouth.... and before the muffin got on his tongue... He started gagging, and I saw throw up coming up around his tongue!!!! YUCK... he threw up everywhere, just from thinking of putting the muffin in his mouth! AGAIN, Scott said, I told you he is just like you!!! Oh lord, why did you have to make my children eat like me!!!

After we cleaned up the nasty throw up all over the booster seat, the chair, the table,and the floor.... just from a tiny piece of muffin. Sawyer climbed back up in his seat... and guess what?

ATE A MUFFIN!!!!

No comments: