Friday, August 22, 2008

Why it is so wonderful being a mother of boys....

 
 

Well, I just started this thing, and I think I am already becoming addicted. It is allowing me to use my creative side of my brain, instead of the mommy side of my brain. You know, that side... where you forget where you put things, and they are right in front on your face, or the only words that are in your vocabulary is "NO, NO, NO" .

So here I am, telling everyone my story of how life is with 2 little boys. First of all, let me describe my boys. Sawyer is a typical 2 year old, tandrems here and there, but overall he is a very sweet little boy. He loves to give kisses and "two handed loves". (that is two arms around the neck... then you squeeze!) He is very active and doesn't watch and ounce of TV.. except for baseball! I know, who would have ever guess a 2 year old would rather watch baseball then Micky Mouse. BUT, maybe that is a sign for things to come... multi-millionare baseball player that will pay off all mommy's and daddy's debt one day. I know... BUT, at least I believe in my boys!!

Braxton on the other hand is very hard headed and dramatic! If I never have a girl, he has the drama thing down pat at only 9 months old! He is so dag on sweet though. He loves his mama more than anything in the world. That is one thing that I never had with Sawyer. He has always been a mans man. So it is nice to see that mommy's boy that everyone talks about. He would give me a million open mouth kisses, if I let him, in a row. Except a couple times he has bit my lip unexpectantly, and so I had to put a limit on how many kisses he gives me now since he might surprise me with a BITE!

But, I guess the real reason I am blogging is to say how much I love being a mother of boys. This may not sound so great to some of you, but I promise it really is wonderful! (to me at least).

There is nothing better then to watch your boys, fish with their dad and then sink deep in the mud and get covered with nasty dirt goop, and cry that they are sinking in "Doo-doo!" Now that is funny! Or watch him kiss a fish on the lips and then be scared of it the next instant! Or when your baby boy tries to grab the fish so that it could possibly be the next object in his mouth! :-)

There is also nothing better then the pitter patter of little feet on the floor, OR the 4 legged crawling creature pitter patter on the floor at well. (that would be BRAXTON if you haven't guess that yet).

There is nothing better then to hear your son yell, "LOOOOKKK Mommy" from his car seat, and you look... and I'll be darn if there is not a sucker stuck to his cheek!!! And he is grinning from ear to ear, proud as can be! Or he says "LOOK mommy" and he is holding his little brother's hand while Braxton is laughing at his big brother for being so cool!

Or again when you hear your son say, "LOOOOOKKK Mommy" in that proud voice in the house and go see what he is talking about, and he has your keys sticking out of the OUTLET! OHHH MY! That was when the mommy brain came out and said "NO, NO, NO". (NOPE, I have not child proofed the new house yet if you havne't guessed).

Or when your baby boy, screams to get your attention and then he grins in delight showing those two little bottom teeth! And then plays patty cake with his hands backwards!

Or when me and Scott are play wrestling and Sawyer comes to Mommy's rescue and says "NO DADDY". Yep, being the only girl has it upsides!

Or when you give them a bath and you come out cleaner then them because they splashed you so much! Then when the water goes down the drain and there is a dirt ring around the tub from them getting so dirty during the day!

And last but not least, when your baby boys, at the end of the day cuddle up to their mommy and say their prayers and go to sleep on you, or give you a kiss through their crib slat. That is the most wonderful moment of motherhood!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Allyson Lee said...

Glad you are enjoying this! When Angela and I started our blogs we had no idea how quickly it would catch on with others. It is like a pyramid scheme. It will be neat seeing how many others also jump aboard. It is fun seeing everyone else's lives!