Scott and I got her from a liter Ginger had (Ginger was Scott's dog when I met him, and Britney's mother). After our first week of dating he let me pick out one of the dogs to keep, and Brittany was it. He named her Bree, and I renamed her Britney. Of course, after Britney Spears, because I loved her so much. Little did I know, how fond I would grow of the dog Britney too. When Scott and I first got married, he would take Ginger hunting, and even though our dogs are outside dogs, I would sneak Britney in the house and let her lay on the couch with me while we would watch TV together. She would snuggle with me, and I would call Scott up and tell him that Britney was hanging with me on the couch. She would just lick me all over!!! The first weekend Scott and I said, "I love you", she was with us at the beach. I just remember her running around all night long on the deck at that cottage we were staying at, round and round and round, because the deck went all the way around the beach cottage, and she was loving it!!! She was just a sweet puppy then.
During Christmas Time at our first house, Scott and I would come home from being out to dinner and see our Deer Lights would not be on. We would go see why, and Britney had attacked the deer, chewed right through the cord and the deer were all mangled up. She was just protecting our house from the deer I reckon! She loved cow turds, eating trash, and chasing squirrels. I swear she was such a good dog! So good.
She sat with her paws crossed, just like a little priss pot. If you were near her, she would inch her way closer and closer until she was on top of you. When I am outside, she would follow me around to the point to where I would trip over her because she was always so close. Right in my face all the time. Literally. If I sat down on the ground, she would put her nose right in my face. she didn't understand personal space. But I wish I had that back now. Such a good dog.
WE buried her by the pond in the back because she loved to swim there. I will miss my doggie and she is irreplaceable. Her last minutes, were her licking me in the face and wagging her tail. Even when she felt so bad, she still would wag her tail when she saw me or Scott coming near her. I miss her already! I love you Britney!

1 comment:
I am so sorry. I have been wanting to stop by, but was not sure of the right time. Know that I am thinking about you. I know how much your family loved her (Sweet dog!) Boys were so good at Dalton's game last night! I was glad to see them come in. Braxton told Parker that his Daddy had to carry Britney up to heaven. (so sad...but sweet how he said "Daddy carried her." I love you! Lisa
Post a Comment