Saturday, November 21, 2009

Going to the movies for the first time!!!

Mama asked us if we wanted to go to the movies with her, Dalton and Parker. Well, my kids don't sit very still long, but I thought I would try. Braxton didn't feel good, so he stayed home with Scott and had a little "Walmart" time with him. Sawyer was so excited to go to the movies. He kept saying, " It is going to get dark, and there is going to be a BIG screen and I have to sit still and don't touch anything because there might be germs." Oh my germ-a-phobic has rubbed off on him!!!! I told him we would get popcorn and a coke... he was more excited about that then anything!!!

But when we got there, Maci started fussing because she was hungry, I popped her on my boob so where NO ONE even knew she was eating... and then... dun, dun, dun... Sawyer started whining because he didn't want to watch the movie. OH NO am I going to have to go sit in the car with him the whole movie? Thank the lord for JoJo and Dalton because mama took Sawyer out to talk to him, and Dalton sat there with Parker since I couldn't get up. When he came back in, he was ready to watch the movie and he was fairly good considering he had to watch the move through the cracks of the seats because the seats where so big in front of us. Parker was so good, he just sat in JoJo's lap the whole time and laughed!!

Oh what a big help it was to have Dalton there too. He took the boys to the bathroom, he held there hand so they would run out in the street, and he told Sawyer that he was going to have to sit still during the movie. ONE BIG advantage of having a 7 year old sibling! Big help!

After the movie was over, (and I didn't watch the last 30 minutes b/c Maci was crying and I had to go out in the lobby), we put them back in the car to go home. Parker and Sawyer were acting silly in the back sit like best friends with there on language. That was so cute because it reminded me of how cool it is going to be with them growing up together!! It was so much fun and I can't wait to do it again!!! Maybe Maci will do a little better next time!

No comments: