It all started when Scott and I got back from the beach this weekend. What? you ask. My little baby has turned into a little boy!
Scott and I left to go to the beach Thursday afternoon for my birthday. A little time for us, and for ME. I very rarely get a break from the boys, so this was a treat for me. Scott's parents so gratefully came up here to stay with them, and they will never know how appreciative I am of them keeping our kids. Number 1, because I needed a break. Number 2, because they don't get to see "Grandma" and "Grandpa" as much as I would like, and my KIDS looooooove them. In fact, the first thing Sawyer said Monday morning was when are Grandma and Grandpa going to come see me again. So sweet!
Anyway, when we left Thursday, Sawyer was just getting over the Croup, so he had been a little on the ill side. But when we got back Sunday, Scott and I were amazed at how much he had grown up, his vocabulary had grown, he was talking more like an adult, you can reason with him more like an adult, and he has started wanting to use the potty. I had given up on the potty thing, but now it is like BAM, he is more receptive of the whole idea of it. Everyone told me that it would happen like that... and so far it has. Not to brag on my child, but he pee-peed in the potty 5 times today! HUGE for him! Now the #2, we are going to have to work on that much more. But at least it has been a big step for us in the Lowe household.
But anyway, I really can't explain in words how much he has grown, but it is amazing. It is like his mind just develop overnight! I have never seen anything like it. In his 2 1/2 years of being here on this earth, I can honestly say that he has matured more over this past weekend then ever.
Scott and I both looked at each other and said, "He is growing up way to fast." But at the same time, it is so much fun to be able to communicate better with him and to see him grow into a little person. Bitter sweet is the phrase I would pick for the situation.
My sweet little baby is now my sweet little boy!

1 comment:
It really does happen overnight, doesn't it? I am amazed every day by new things Sam says and does. I wonder how he knows some of the things he does. But I sure do love being able to talk to him and listen to him tell me great stories. It goes by too fast!
Angela
PS-Now if he would just show interest in the potty...
Post a Comment