First of all, THANK YOU ANGELA, JODY, ALLYSON AND COREY ffor the Halloween Fall Festival. My kids had a blast and we really appreciate all you put into it.
Second, here are some things I have learned from reading others blogs... and it works!!! I tried it today.
1. Bring suckers everywhere you go! (This came from Michelle, Lisa and Allyson's blog) No matter where it is. So I decided to try this trick and I bought 2 huge bags of suckers (dum dums). Two bags you wonder? Well I bought it because I thought we might have some trick or treaters come by... but we didn't, so now I have lots of dum dums to give MY children and other kids who come over!
How I used the sucker trick?
Today, I bribed Sawyer to sit still in the doctor's office with one. I didn't want him to get down and play with all that stuff since he is not sick (and I don't want him to get sick), so I gave him a sucker and he sat still for most of the time! That is a feat in itself!
I also had to go to Wal-mart after the doctor's office. And the sucker trick worked well again! I gave both of them a sucker (even though it was Braxton's nap time) and they didnt' make a peep the whole 45 minutes I was in there! WOW!
2. Buy Preztel Sticks. I don't think i learned this as much from the blogs, as I did from watching more experienced mothers out there. (Allyson Lee... mother of 3!)
How I used this trick?
Well, after the suckers were all gone at Walmart, I proceeded to go down the pretzel isle. I have never called it the pretzel isle until today! (But from now on, it is not only the Chip Isle, it is the "Give you Children a Pretzel and they will be quiet Isle") And for a baby who is getting lots of teeth in, it is an amazing teeter! Yep this works too, both kids were entertained and happy! This was a great trip out and about today!
Why I though about this trick today?
Yesterday during church I got paged because Braxton was being very fussy. I mean fussy! Well Angela was in there and she proceeded to give Braxton a Pretzel from Allyson's bag. He went from being a fussy baby to a happy go lucky baby in seconds! Thanks Angela for doing that.. and thanks Allyson for letting us eat all your food! :-)
So now, if anyone else would give me more advice about how to prevent tandrems and how to get your kids to listen all the time I would appreciate it? These tips above, work like a charm, so I am up for more secrets if you would like to tell me!
Thanks again,
Jodi

2 comments:
They work like a charm don't they! Much better than the old reliable things to chew on: keys, a real, working cell phone, or a credit card. Can't even tell you how many debit cards I have had to reorder since Miss Landry came along! I love you blog...beautiful picture of Braxton!
Funny! I just bought groceries today after reading this and I bought pretzel sticks. Haven't used that trick either. But Parker loves them! Pictures you sent are so good! Thank you.
Post a Comment