Sunday, September 14, 2008

Things I love....

This weekend was very emotional for me. My grandfather has been really sick and we found out Thrusday night that he was going to have his leg amputated Friday morning or he was not going to live. So Thursday night, Scott and I ran up to the hospital to see him, not knowing if this was the last time I was going to see my granddaddy. Needless to say, i was an emotional wreck. So I wanted to dedicate this blog to my granddaddy, and title it Things I love.

1. My husband. He is my everything. Sometimes we have our ups and downs, but he is everything I could have ever dreamed of being with. He looks after me, the boys and he is wonderful to my family. He is the friend that would drop anything he is doing just to help you out.

2. Sawyer. When he is yelling "MOOOOOOMMMMY" after he nap and starts cracking up when I say "SSSSAAAAWWWWYYYER" from downstairs. When he doing something cool to him and he says "LOOOKA Therera Mommy". When he runs up to me and grabs hold of my neck and squeezes me until I am choking and plants a huge kiss on my lips!

3. Braxton. When he grins and shows his two bottom teeth. When he has said Mama, which is only a few times, but it makes my heart melt. When you pick him up and he shakes his bottom legs because he is so happy that you have him in your arms. When he snuggles on my chest at night before he goes to sleep!

4. My mama. She is really my best friend. She is seriously the only true friend I can count on now days. She returns my phone calls, let's me vent and talk about whatever I need to, and comes to see me because she loves me... not because she needs something. Thank you mama for being there for me through thick and thin!

5. My daddy. I love him so much. You can sit down with him for 30 seconds and he says something that cracks you up! And he doesn't even mean to do it. He probably has the biggest heart of anyone I know. He would give the shirt off his back if you didn't have one.

6. My brother and his family. I am so happy to have them living so close. Sometimes I wish we saw them more, but it is hard with their busy life and ours too. I am so glad that we have all boys and they will be growing up together, getting in trouble around the farm! It is going to be fun.... for them at least!

7. Scott's family. Man am I lucky to have in laws like mine. Scott's sister and I talk at least 3 or 4 times a week about our kids and things that are going on in our lives. I always ask her for advice! Scott's mother and father are always there for us in any sitution. And Reagan and Jackson are the most precious things!

8. My grandparents. I have been so lucky to have 3 of my grandparents living for 30 years. I still think about my Granddaddy Swade who passed away 15 years ago, and how blessed I was to have him in my life. I am so glad that I moved back to Clayton, because it has given me a chance to become closer to all of my grandparents and now I know how precious time is!

9. GOD. None of this would be possible without God.

10. My life.

To all of those who read this... Please pray for my grandfather.

1 comment:

Angela Standley said...

Jodi-
I will be praying for your grandad...I'm sorry he is sick.
Love-
Angela